PushMig - a program to assist in migrating clients running NVC to NPRO
How to use PushMig
PushMig is intended to run on the same computer as the Norman Endpoint Manager, and Norman Endpoint Manager must be installed before you run PushMig. The first time you run PushMig you will be guided through a few necessary steps.
PushMig will give you four options:
- Migrate computers one at the time.
- Migrate all suitable workstations within an IP range.
- Migrate all suitable workstations within the domain/workgroup.
- List all workstations and servers in the domain still running NVC.
Option 1 will migrate a single computer at the time. It is a good idea to migrate a computer or two to test how migration works in your enviroment. Also, servers can only be migrated using this option. You can specify which computer to migrate by entering computer name or IP address.
Option 2 will migrate all suitable workstations within a specified IP range. Use this option when you want to migrate a limited number of clients at the time. This option can also be used to migrate computers outside the domain/workgroup.
Option 3 will migrate all suitable workstations within the same domain/workgroup as the Norman Endpoint Manager.
Option 4 will list all computers within the domain/workgroup that is still running Norman Virus Control.
Requirements for migration
- The logged on user executing PushMig must be a domain admin or local admin on all computers that needs to be migrated.
- Norman Endpoint Manager must be installed before you start PushMig.
- PushMig must run on the same computer as Norman Endpoint Manager.
- PushMig needs 50 MB free space on the C: partition.
- The NVC5 installation must use a corporate license key.
- Clients with a firewall must have an exception for file and printer sharing. (445 TCP, 137 UDP, 138 UDP, 139 TCP).
- Clients must be running 32 bit Windows.
- The language of the NVC5 installation can not be Polish or Czech. These languages are currently not supported in NPRO.
PushMig.exe (Software - Published: 01.07.2010)